Thursday, May 2, 2013

Hello Again!

Disclaimer: So I've neglected this blog...a lot. But here I am, back again!

I feel like I have so much to say, but not enough to say about it all at the same time. At this moment in time, I'm dealing with one of the most frustrating experiences that I have ever faced. But for my own good, I can't say a word about it. Nothing would be more cathartic than to let every single instance of this day pour out into internet. But to grant the things that I know such immortality could be my own undoing.

Hubris.

Hubris feels like a guy that you meet on the corner of the street near that little deli that can't seem to bring itself to put enough vegetables on your sandwich. Always there. Always annoying. Hubris has this way of luring you into a false sense of security, waiting for that one perfect moment...And knocks you down.

They say that pride goes before the fall. Sometimes it's your own pride and other times it's someone else' pride.

There's an old episode of Due South where an elderly person in an insane asylum says something like, "Never let your feet leave the ground or they'll get you. They'll take you to the blue room."

Always shuffle. Never let your feet leave the ground.

I refuse to be taken to the blue room. My feet may have gotten knocked out from under me, but it's not over. It's a setback. I'd say it's nothing more than a setback, but the truth is this: it hurts. It hurts like hell and it's going to hurt like hell for awhile.

But I'm still going back for another sandwich. And this time, there had better be some damn vegetables on it.

No comments: